Monday, November 23, 2009

Baby Steps!

Daniel and I had a fairly eventful week. On Wednesday we went to the Jeremy Camp, BeBo Norman, and Natalie Grant concert at ACC, which was AMAZING! Natalie Grant blew me away! When I won the tickets, I wasn't really familiar with any of the performers, but I must say that I quickly became a fan!
I also tackled Christmas shopping on Friday! My intention was to get it all done in that day...it so did not happen like that; I should've known better! Most of my afternoon was spent tracking down a certain item Dan really wants for Christmas, and while I am not too crazy about having it one day displayed in our home, I knew he really wanted it and I was thrilled when I finally got my hands on the last one in ALL of Sacramento! Yay!

But here is the heart of this blog post! I have been getting all kinds of advice and such about becoming a wife, and the one thing I have been yearning to do, is start cooking and baking, but my problem is finding the time! So this weekend I set aside the time after work and made my very first pie! I found the recipe on Foodnetwork's website and it is a must try for pumpkin pie lovers! It is a very simple no-bake recipe, and puts a great twist on the traditional pumpkin pie! So here is the recipe for Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eating-well/frozen-pumpkin-mousse-pie-recipe/index.html
I cheated a bit and used an already made Graham Cracker Crust. I did brush an egg white on the crust and baked it for about 7 minutes to give a nice golden brown color.Bon Appetite! :)






























No comments: