Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Straw!

It's the little things in life that we either take for granted or forget or don't even notice. I guess after five years of friendship and four years of dating, you learn a thing or two about your significant other. I know that Dan and I know each other like the back of our hands, but it wasn't until yesterday that I was reminded just how well Dan knows me. We haven't had much time together lately,mostly because of me and my wacky work schedule, but yesterday we decided to go on an impromptu date just the two of us. We had lunch at a chinese restraunt, and while we were waiting for our meal, I was telling Dan, hey look in my purse, and we were laughing because I usually have a granola bar, or some other snack stashed in my purse for emergenices, but this particular day I had an iced tea in there! It was definitely one of those had to be there momements. But as our lunch arrived and we were talking about different things, Dan asks me if I would like him to ask the waitress if I could have a straw. I was like a straw? A straw for what, (I had taken many sips of the iced tea that was hidden in my purse by this point.) He replied with, because you haven't drank any of your water yet. I know you hate drinking out of glasses in public places without a straw! I was blown away as this was something I have never come straight out and told Dan about me, he knew this out of observation! I thought it was so sweet!

No comments: