Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting 2010 with a BANG!

Hello 2010! Here we are at the begining of a new decade! I myself cannot believe it! Anyways, January is now upon us, and that means, only 8 months until "I Do." So far the future Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Van Unen are on a bit of a roll. We have secured a pastor from our church to marry us on a Sunday late this Summer! :) (The date is still TBA until we confirm with the rep from our venue next week.) So watch for the blog which will announce our wedding date in the next few weeks!
Then there is my dress. Today I had my 2nd go around at David's Bridal and stepped into what very possibly is THE DRESS! I could hardly breathe! It was breathtaking, however, mom and me are still gonna hit three more shops, to see what else is out there; but I am pretty sure that my dress is the one I tried on today! Along with my dress, I am also trying to tackle the dresses for my MOHs! However, we are having a bit of an issue with color! So we shall see how that goes, as I have one MOH in SoCal and the other MOH I have here with me, is going to be leaving in March to go to Thailand for 8 weeks! So when she arrives back home in late June we will only have a few months to get last minute details in order.
In other news, the above photo of me was taken in October 2009,a few weeks after Daniel proposed. I went to the Engaged Wedding Library at Quarry Ponds located in Granite Bay! Well I just received an email today from the owner that my photo along with a few other local brides is going to be featured in a local Granite Bay magazine for the February 2010 issue! So exciting! Its not my best picture, but hey I couldn't get that goofy grin off of my newly engaged face at the time!
I love January as it is the begining of a new year, but also because it is our anniversary month! Yup! that's right, this January 12th will mark our 4 year anniversary! I am just so extremely happy, excited, in love, and over the moon to get to share my life with this amazing man!
Next week I will be on the hunt for another cake bakery, met with one baker, he was interesting...to say the least! and hopefully next week we will also announce our wedding date! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray for wedding details getting accomplished! I'm super happy for you *possibly* finding THE dress!! Eight months is going to fly:-)