




October 9,2009. A day that I will never forget. It was the first day of my vacation, and Dan and I were going to spend the day together. The day was not starting out so great as I had to go say good-bye to my very best friend in the whole world, who was moving to Southern California. I called Dan after I had said my good-byes to my friend and her daughter. I was sad! He like always told me to relax and that everything would be fine. We were going to have a great day, and that I needed to hurry up and get my butt over to his house! Well upon my arriving, I could tell something was going on, but I brushed it off cause I really couldn't figure it out. So we went and grabbed a pizza and went off to our park and had a pizza picnic. Throughout our lunch I noticed that Dan had barely eaten anything, and he assured me that he was feeling well. So I began cleaning up our picnic so that we could pack up and move on to our next activity for the day. As I was walking back to the table, I went to give Dan a hug and he grabbed my hands, got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife! I laughed, I cried, and then I said "yes, of course I will!"
Now, here we are one year later and I can remember that day so clearly, like it was yesterday. What we were wearing, all that was said leading up to the big moment. I am so head over heels, his and her towels, truly, madly, deeply in love with this man who is now my husband, and I am oozing with excitement to see what the Lord has planned for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment